So, I am missing out on my small group tonight because of an ear-ache. I think I got some water in it. It's feeling much better though. I do want to eat something good for my health, so I decided to open up my fridge and see where I could start.
Garlic, an old onion, mushrooms, some leftover Pablano pepper from earlier in the week. Well, I have a lot of other things that aren't vegetables. But I think the best course of action, though I am still unsure what course I want to take, is to work from garlic, mushrooms and carrots up. So I slice and dice through those and saute them in some olive oil. I add some lemon pepper, garlic salt and onion powder, for good measure.
As I look around some more, I notice I have a can of black beans, some brown rice. I don't feel like a rice dish tonight though. I look again, and find some lentils. That's it! I will make some lentil soup. As my vegetables are getting done, I simply add water, chicken boullion and lentils to the mix. Oh and just for extra help on my health, I add some flax seed. Very good for you.
I now smell the soon ready chicken lentil soup. Also pleasing my ears by enjoying some Maurice Ravel. Bolero!
Reaction: Very tasty! Just screaming with flavor. I really enjoy the obvious mushroom. I do believe it is a little bit under cooked. Then again, lentils can have a strong texture. With some buttered french bread and a tall glass of water, I think I am well on my way to complete auditory health..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love u! You should keep writing on this!
ReplyDelete